Monday, December 13, 2010

It's been awhile...

I haven't updated this blog in well over 6 months. Mostly because I connected it with my Facebook account, and didn't want to drive my friends nuts everytime a new entry was put in my newsfeed. But, oh well.

I've recently (well, 3 months ago) started a new position at the same company, but this one involves travel. So, here I am, sitting in a hotel room in Springfield, MO.

Things I have learned today (day 1 of my trip):

- O'Hare airport's security takes forEVER. (I knew this, but had it reaffirmed today.)

- Somehow, EVERY time I fly, my plane is at the last gate in the terminal. EVERY time. How can that happen? EVERY time??

- Cherry limeade might be my new favorite drink.

- Taco Bell for dinner at 11:15p.m. is pretty depressing.

I miss my pup, and my kitties, and most of all, I miss my husband. I always somehow forget how much I hate sleeping alone, until I have to do it again.

I had a moment on the plane today where I thought about Patrick, about what it would be like now if she had lived. We'd be coming up on her second Christmas. And I don't know that I would have this job, considering the travel. It's been almost two years since we lost her, and it hurts just as bad now as it ever did.

Time to get a few hours sleep before heading to the install tomorrow. We have to be there at 7:00a.m., so to get breakfast in first, we're meeting in the lobby at 5:45a.m. What a god-awful hour.

3 comments:

  1. Taco Bell for dinner and you wonder why you can't get pregnant? In Chinese medicine they treat the root problem to cure the symptoms. Get healthy, stop eating poison, love your body and it will love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, when you travel for work, and are in the middle of nowhere, and Taco Bell is the only place open at 11pm, you don't have much choice, and starving yourself isn't healthy, either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I eat Taco Bell and have no problems getting pregnant. Tell us, DAVID, about your experiences getting pregnant!! Grrr....

    ReplyDelete