Thursday, March 19, 2009

One more update...

He weighs in at almost exactly 1lb. He's getting pictures and footprints done now.

I should be ready to be released around 3pm. At that time, our beautiful baby will head off to be autopsied. Hopefully between this and the genetic testing we've asked for, we can find out a little more about why this happened.

Then, a funeral home in our town will pick him up and prepare him and cremate him.

A friend of mine who knows my love for butterfly jewelry found the most beautiful creamtion pendants that you can seal a loved one's ashes in. I plan on buying one shortly so that a little piece of my baby boy will be always close to my heart.

The rest of the ashes, I plan on having a tree planted somewhere, in a local park maybe, dedicated to Patrick, and spread his ashes there.

I'm ready to say goodbye to him and go home. It's too much being here, I need to go home, and bawl my eyes out, and sleep, and wake up knowing that he's a happy, healthy baby now.

7 comments:

  1. I'm sorry that you had to go through this rough time and having not met you I can't say much to comfort you. But I will say that you have got to be one of the strongest people I've heard of... I hope that things go well for you in the future. You and your family are in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. While this isn't even something I can compare to - when I lost my horse I'd had for 10+ years we had him cremated. I found an infinity pendant that I was able to put a bit of his ashes into. I've worn it faithfully for the last 2 years and it does help having him close to my heart. I'm glad I got the pendant and I hope having yours helps you as much as it helped me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are one of the strongest women I have ever "known." Please know that I am thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to hear that you have had to go through all this, but as you said, he is healthy, happy, and at peace now. He will always be with you... and I know that you know this.

    Blessings to you and to Patrick, hon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love you Jamie...and I'm glad that your baby boy is at peace...you're so strong and you know I'm always there for you if you need it. :)

    I know this may sound weird but I look forward to seeing pictures of Baby Patrick, if you're willing to share them.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i don't know if this double posted, but jamers, the girls on the bump would like to send a donation to a charity in patrick's name, or donate a tree or something, if you are comfortable with that. this is jellibelli by the way... email me at sdshoars@gmail.com. you are in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for telling us about your sweet Patrick. Some nesties planted trees for our Doodles in their memory last year and the town/park that did it was so great to work with. I think you are in the Chicagoland area like me but I'm not sure where, if you're interested in the name of the town/park let me know.

    ReplyDelete